If you want to post content to your website regularly, but you think the process seems time-consuming or overwhelming, a website copy writer for small business can help! Posting fresh content on a regular basis is super important – not just for keeping clients and prospects informed, but for SEO as well.
Why? Every time you update your website, whether it’s in the form of a new blog post or a fresh photo, Google takes notice. And when you don’t update, they notice that, too (and trust us, when Google thinks your site is dead, they don’t show it to anyone).
So, how does a busy professional stay on top of fresh content while also managing all of the other aspects of their business? We’re going to get into that . . . but first, we’re going to talk a little more about why content is so important.
Here’s How –
Why is Fresh Content So Important Anyway?
We’ve all heard that “content is king,” but do you really know why? There are actually dozens of different reasons that posting a new blog, adding a podcast, or even just updating your “About” page could prove beneficial to your business. Here are just a few:
Visitors Value New Content –
- When visitors come to your webpage, they hope to find something of interest – whether it’s a fun new product, a great how-to video, or a recently added blog. But what happens when they don’t find anything new? They might come back to check one or two more times, but after that, they’re likely gone forever.
- Keep your audience interested (and keep them coming back) by posting fresh content often. It doesn’t have to be a huge production every time – you do NOT need a weekly 5,000-word article) – but it does have to be consistent.
- Web visitors like to see that you’re active and engaged and that you care about keeping them informed. A quality, secure, easy to use website build for small business websites can help add new content to your site regularly, without much hassle.
Fresh Content Improves Site Ranking and Increases Indexing
- All of the major search engines use bots or web crawlers for the purpose of identifying and indexing new content on websites that can be included in search results. It should go without saying, then, that the more often you update your content, the more search engines will look at your website – and, as a result, you have a better chance of ranking higher.
- In addition, the more content you put out there, the more you’re pumping your website full of SEO-raising keywords. Every new blog you publish is another chance to use the words and phrases people are searching for to help draw them in – and search engines will take note.
- Why does all that matter? It’s a well-known fact that search engine results can have a huge impact on the number of visitors your site attracts – and since more visitors equals more leads, improving your SEO should be a no-brainer. Adding new content is a super simple way to do that.
- Just a note of caution : don’t publish content for the sake of publishing content. Make sure what you put out there is high-quality, useful information – because if you put out shoddy work (especially if put out shoddy work frequently), you’ll actually fall in search engine rankings.
If you’re not sure how to constantly keep your content fresh reach out today! Our staff are on duty 24/7 to assist you.